Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award

I'd really like to thank Carol, from Reflections From the Fence for this nomination, and for her encouragement with this blogging stuff.  If you're interested in RVs, family history, or just like a Good Read, check it out.

The winner of the award has to list seven things about themselves and then pass the award along to seven other bloggers.  So here we go:

1) I've got an incredible God who sustains me minute by minute, and crams each day full of blessings I don't deserve.  It's been a Wild Ride, and I can't wait to see what's next!

2) I've got the most wonderfullest husband in the world.  Oh heck, just throw in the whole family - they are the best.  Add the dogs in there too.  Never a dull moment!

3) I love doing family history - mine, or anyone else's, for that matter.  I enjoy doing lookups and research for people, each time remembering how great it felt when I was first starting out and some very kind and generous people helped me get going, and still how good it feels to discover something new or meet a new cousin.

4) I'm addicted to making websites, of course, pertaining primarily to genealogy and history.   I am a volunteer for GenealogyTrails, and host the state site for South Dakota, as well as Beadle and Hand Counties, and Olmsted county, Minnesota.  And I'm the webmaster for the Peoria County (Illinois) Genealogical Society.  Can't get enough.

5) I really need to get off this computer and do something active more often.

6) I love cheesecake, which necessitates that I get off this computer and do something active more often.

7) I love to quilt, crochet, and bake good things!

It's hard to nominate only 7 of the blogs I read... there are some really, really good blogs out there... but here goes, in no particular order:

1) Kathy's Kampground Kapers

2) Those Old Memories

3) Random Relatives

4) Lessons from my Ancestors

5) We Tree

6) Desperately Seeking Surnames

7) Mom's Country Cookin

I hope you check out some of these blogs, if you haven't already.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Karen! You're sweet to nominate my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award. I'm anxious to check out all of your blogs and hope that, at some point, we can find a family link. ~ Yaya

    Yaya's Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Karen - and sorry to be so late in responding!!

    I've finally posted about this today. I really appreciate you nominating my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for nominating our blog, It's a work in progress and hopefully will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, what an honor to have been nominated by you for my blog, Those Old Memories. I've been away from it for awhile and busy with some family priorities but must get back in gear. Thanks so much!

    Cheri Hopkins

    ReplyDelete